Saturday, June 11, 2011

Vortex Springs, Florida National Trail

Vortex Springs pumps 28 million gallons of water PER DAY into a clear water spring that goes up to 125 feet deep.  I am here tonight camping out as it was a long day dragging the trailer from New Iberia, LA to here.  443 miles via the back roads and 363 via the interstate.  My hosts here are generous and we got to talking about riding the Florida National Trail by horse...and they are gracious enough to let me stay here when I come through on horseback one of these months ahead of me.  Perhaps this is a launch point or an end point...I haven't decided yet.. even though it would save almost 1000 dollars in gas if I rode Goldie back to Louisiana.

A BIG THANK YOU TO MY HOSTS here and Melissa.. this ride is for you and your family.  We always ride for those who have had cancer or been touched by cancer in their family.  Your family members are being remembered as I type.  Hope to see you someday soon on my trusty steed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so nice meeting you this weekend! You are an isperation to all of us here at Vortex Spring! Thank you for our shout out here on your blog!

Sincerely Melisa Gray @ Vortex Spring

www.vortexspring.com

Megan @ Buffalo Moon Ranch said...

Melisa - the pleasure was mine. Seriously thinking more about having Vortex as a starting point. Will call you soon to talk about perhaps parking my "rig" there as I ride out... :) Great to meet you and your staff too...

Post a Comment